Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Back to college

People believe that college life is the best part of one's life.The friends,the group,the bunks,the professers,the girlfrnds/boyfrnds and sometimes studies, all of these and much more makes up an individual's college life.No one can afford to forget the freshers party,or the farewell,the convocation,or the annual festivals of their college.Truly,college life is the best part of life for a few,and for the other lot like me,I hate being in college.


I am an engineering student.In India it is tough to get admission in a professional course,and tougher to get admission in the college like mine.B.E. is a degree of four years ,and I have already completed two.And now I am back to college for the Third,and I dont like being back in college.The reason?Read on,May be its your story too.


24 july 2006 was the golden date when I joined the college.I was really excited about the college life like every school child.I felt that college means growing up,and searching for the true identity of oneself. College to me was loads of fun,a bit of studies,haging out in canteen with frnds,bunking lectures and going for movies....in all everything that you would have wanted to do when you went to college.


I am an introvert,but somehow I managed to make 6 really good frnds here.Whom I trusted and still do a lot. Whom I believed could and would help me out in every situation.That was a lot to expect or may be it is not something to be demanded for in college .I dint know.I was new to college.


Then all 7 of us made frnds with a group of guys.And we had a HUGE group.And it was everything I ever wanted.A huge group with which I could enjoy the life at college.It was working all fine in the first few couple of moths.And then later on...Everything changed...or should I say annihilated.The issues are not to be discussed,but briefly,we all broke off, Specially I was kind of boycotted.I dont say that I was innocent,but I do say that I was not clever enough to prove my point.


So was the first year with many many fights amongst me and my frnds,differences,humiliation and that was not fun at all.Our group no longer remained mine and I lost all of my interest in college then.College life without frnds is lifeless. The enjoyment and fun we 7 frnds had in the lectures were lost. Some of us could not stand each other then and dint talk out anything.


But slowly and steadily things started falling in corerct places and all of us,7 of us,came back together.But the differences already created were difficult to overcome. The bitterness in mind was not easy to be erased.Still then,we are still together.It has been a long time and each one of us may not be comfortable with rest of us,but still we are together.Though all of us have found out the only ppl we want to share our secrets with.


Of The people we share our secrets with one of them is essentially our boyfrnds.The concept of Boyfrnds and girlfrnds in college looks fun only when we are not involved in any relation like that.Once we get into that its really hard to set one's priority to other things and giving time to other frnds.Weekends are devoted to dating and nights devoted to long phone chats.


In colleges,or as to say my college specially, many couples are formed just for the sake of being in a couple.Such things make me lose interest in the word Relationship as such.I dont understand who is trying to fool whom by roaming about in a couple they acctually dont belong to or have no longing for.


All these things make me lose interest in college and my life as a whole.The only good days that I have had during my college is the time of vacation in which I went back home.I dont know whether college would be able to teach me anything worth or not but definitely it has taught me the value of home and family and also taught me to be diplomatic. So I dont like being back to college but here I am to do another year of college BACK TO COLLEGE...

3 comments:

Rupesh Agarwal said...

"may be its ur story too".. well.. its same with everyone... almost everyone!!! i felt the same... lying in my room, whole of the final year.. watching 3 movies a day.. he he.. my comp had always been my bets frend!!

good that u learnt early.. may be tough way.. but atleast u did... i just hope that everyone does!!!

$ yrs of college actually teaches u, how to spend the rest 50 yrs of yr life.. u cant do anything but accept everything as it comes..

all the best kid!!! :)

Anonymous said...

College has always been outright fun girl. Yeah there have been a few occasional misunderstandings, but don't you think that these only are the things that make life worth living. I mean, if you don't know the lows would you ever appreciate the highs??

I have always kept this viewpoint, and this has always helped me to maneuver my way through all kinds of situations, thick or fine!

KewLDudEatBIT said...

Welcome to the real world dear pal...In ur lyf u'll find probably more wierd thing happening around n everytime u'll not be allowed to recluse urself, not even to ur home as u'll not get easy vacations.....
who cares if sm people misunderstood u.... there is no derth of wise people in this world to hang around hu'll better understand u... but fact is that u ve nevr realized it for two years....

Iz really nice to read dat u ve come in terms wid life soon....being rather a diplomatic, had been a litle philosophical, it would ve helped u to save some of ur rheums(i'll not call em tears as i know u r very strong girl)n provide a gr8 morale support....

i know how hard it is to forget when smthng of these kind happens. nothing is more painful than being the cynosure of every1 n then ignored..... lyf doesnt ends here... yeh zindgi unhi logo ke liye hai jo mante hai ki yeh khatm na hone waali hai...chalo bahut ho gaya bakwaas.... lagta hai tum bore ho gayi hogi... aab apna muh band karta hoon...

u ve two more years in ur coll probably the most happening time of ur life...i knw u'll make the best use of it as u r da best student of our batch....we ve high xpectations of u n we all know u'l make every1 proud....

khush raho hamesha yaar, kya pata kal ho na ho... :D
----------- an admirer